Save and Import Disk bay layout
Once a disk bay layout is configured, it can be saved and later used with other KillDisk
configurations. This is done with the Save and Import features.
Saving a Disk bay layout
Layouts are saved using the disk bay layout command tool bar's commands. Select
Layout, then Save Layout as... in the drop down list of
commands. This will open a dialogue where the layout can be configured by setting
the Title, description, file name and path to save the layout to. Once these
settings are configured, click Save and the layout will be
saved as a .dbl file in the specified location.
Figure: Export disk bay layout dialog
- Enter any label to distinguish newly created disk bay layout to
differentiate it among other disk bay layouts.
- Describe any specifications, features or particularities of the new disk bay
- Layout profile name
- Select the name of the file that the disk bay layout will be saved as.
Extension should remain as '.dbl'.
- Import disk bay layout from file
- Saved disk bay layouts are imported into separate KillDisk sessions using
the import feature. In the command tool bar, select Layout and Import
Layout. Select the desired disk bay layout in the file explorer window and
click Open. This will import the disk bay layout into
the current KillDisk session. Finally, click Save
layout to update the disks in the Disk Explorer and the
import should be complete.