Disk Clone Options
This preferences tab allows you to select a master-copy disk to use for cloning on other
disks after they have been erased.
Figure: Disk Clone Options
Selecting a Disk for cloning
Any disk recognized by KillDisk may be used as a master-copy for Cloning. Simply find
the disk under the "Available Disks" column and check the box next to the desired
Disk Bay. This disk will be locked and read/write operations will be restricted from
the disk until the cloning operation is complete.
Selecting a Disk Image for cloning
Additionally to cloning from a disk, cloning can be done from a mounted disk image.
This is done using the following procedure in the Disk Clone preferences tab:
- At the bottom of the dialog, click Mount Disk Image
- To the right of the "Disk Image file name field" click the
- Find the desired disk image in the file explorer and click
- Fill in the "Display name" text box with a desired name for the image and click
- The mounted disk image should appear under "Disk Images" in the Master-copy
sources window. Check the box next to it and
Note: To avoid repeating steps 1-4 above every time the application is launched, check the
"Autoload mounted Disk Images at every application start" box. This will complete the
mounting process automatically in the future.
Note: Cloning is only available as an operation when working with a Batch of disks, as an
option after erasure.