Once KillDisk's finishes processing any task, such as disk erasure or disk
examination, a task complete dialog will appear with a summary of the task, containing
all of the information pertaining to the operation. For example, this includes
information like disks operated on, status of erasure and all associated certificates
Figure: Example of task complete dialog after disk erasure
The successful erasure window contains the features of the successful erasure, discussed further in this section.
- All devices erased are displayed with their erasure status in list format at the top of the notification.
- Disk Examination Status
- Specifications of the examination procedure are listed and the status of the
examination is reported.
- Disk Examination Report
- Verifies that the examination report has been saved and specifies the path to
the saved report. Allows user to examine the .xml examination report by pressing
the Browse button.
- Disk Grade Assignment Status
- Confirms the inclusion of the disk grade assignment operation, based on disk
integrity examination results.
- Erasure Status
- Details the status of the disk erase operation showing the erasure specifications and status with which the erasure was
- Disk Erasure Certificate
- Verifies that the erasure PDF certificate has been saved and specifies the
path to the saved report. Allows user to examine the certificate by pressing the
- Disk Erasure Report
- Verifies that the erasure report has been saved and specifies the path to the saved report. Allows user to examine the .xml
erasure report by pressing the Browse button.
Note: The Wipe operation will produce a similar processing summary for the disk wipe