4. Running Active@ KillDisk for Windows
After you download Active@ KillDisk, you will receive an installation file named KILLDISK-SETUP.EXE. This file contains everything you need to get started.
To install the application, double-click KILLDISK-SETUP.EXE and follow the instructions in the installation wizard.
The installed application contains two main applications:
- Active@ KillDisk for Windows — Run this application from your Windows operating system to scan local drives.
- Active@ Boot Disk Creator — Create a bootable Windows PE, CD/DVD/BD or USB device and run Active@ KillDisk for Windows. Using Active@ KillDisk this way allows you to wipe confidential data from the system cache while gaining exclusive use of a partition because the operating system runs outside the partition that you are securing.
- Product Overview
- System Requirements for DOS and Windows versions
- Running Active@ KillDisk for DOS
- Preparing a DOS-Bootable floppy,USB
- Preparing a Bootable CD
- Modes of Operation
- Erasing or Wiping Logical Drives (Partitions)
- Erase Operation Complete
- Running Active@ KillDisk for Windows
- Common Questions
- How does the licensing work?
- How is the data erased?
- What is the difference between the Site and Enterprise license?
- Which operating systems are supported by Active@ KillDisk?
- Is Active@ KillDisk compatible with Macintosh computers?
- What to do if I cannot boot from a floppy (USB)?
- Will I be able to use my Hard Disk Drive after Active@ KillDisk erase operation?
- Descriptions of Erase/Wipe Parameters
- Erase/Wipe Methods
- Other Parameters
- Glossary of Terms