Once the KillDisk application is launched, you will be presented with
the main KillDisk application dashboard. From here you can use any of
KillDisk's tools with your system. This section will outline the
main components of the application. The full functionality and features of these
components are discussed in their corresponding sections later in this documentation:
Figure: KillDisk application dashboard
- File menu bar
- The file menu bar contains can be manipulated to perform nearly any operation in
KillDisk, such as accessing elements of the program such
a settings and help, changing views and what is visible in the dashboard,
opening tools, and navigating between KillDisk's windows.
- Tabbed Windows
- Here, you may move between KillDisk tabbed windows, the main
windows being Disk Explorer,
Application Log etc..
- Command Toolbar
- The command toolbar is a dynamic toolbar that allows the user to perform Tabbed Window-specific actions, depending on what window
the user is in and what element is selected.
- View Selection
- Only available in the Disk Explorer View, this View
Selection allows you to manipulate how the bays are displayed in the
Windowed View, manipulating the type of graphics used
to show the bays and the cardinality of the bays in the Disk Bay
- Windowed view
- Contains the window that is currently open.
- Output window
- Contains the log of operations KillDisk has performed.
- Batch control window
- The Batch control window is an easily accessible interface to create, delete and
manipulate disk batches.
- Advanced tool tabs
- These tabs allow for navigation between the different advanced tool windows.
- Advanced tool window
- This window shows the data for the Advanced tool selected. The window can be moved, popped out and re-sized.
To browse through each of these views, click on the appropriate tab. You may also open a
view from the View menu.
To close the current view at any time, press CTRL+F4. To open any closed view, select it from the
The status bar, at the bottom of the workspace shows the current status of the application or status of the activity in progress.