5.3.3 Autoexecute Mode
You may start Active@ KillDisk for Hard Drives with a DOS auto-executable batch file. The command line contains the command to execute the program along with chosen parameters.
To run Active@ KillDisk from an auto-executable batch file:
- In the Microsoft DOS screen, open a new autoexec.bat file or edit an existing one with the following command:
The Microsoft DOS file edit screen appears.
- Enter the command line and parameters as needed.
Here is an example:
> killdisk -erasehdd=80h -erasemethod=6 -passes=1 -ignoreerrors
In the example above, the first detected hard disk will be erased in one pass. Confirmations will be encountered and errors will be ignored.
- Save the autoexec.bat file in the root directory of the system floppy, USB and exit the edit utility.
- Remove the floppy, USB from this floppy, USB drive.
- The floppy, USB is now ready for automatic data erasing. To erase data using Autoexecute Mode, follow these steps:
- Go to the machine that requires data erasing
- With the PC power off, insert the Active@ KillDisk for Hard Drives Automatic Mode floppy (USB) into drive A:
- Start the PC by turning on the power.
- The PC will indicate booting into DOS. The data erase process will begin.
This document is available in PDF format, which requires Adobe® Acrobat® Reader