2. System Requirements
This chapter outlines the minimum requirements for PCs using Active@ KillDisk for Windows.
- IBM PC compatible machine
- Intel Pentium or higher
- 350 Mb of RAM
- Video: VGA resolution (800 x 600) or better
- Operating System Windows XP or higher
Drive Storage System
- CD/DVD-ROM, or Blu-Ray drive
- USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 storage device (USB flash disk or external USB disk)
- Removable media (memory stick, SD card, compact flash, floppy disk)
- Hard Disk Drive types: IDE, ATA, SSD, SATA, eSATA or SCSI with controllers. Additional drivers can be loaded for RAIDs or non-standard controllers after the system is booted up.
- A blank CD/DVD/BD disc for burning an ISO image or a USB flash card to prepare bootable USB disk.
- Product Overview
- System Requirements for DOS and Windows versions
- Running Active@ KillDisk for DOS
- Preparing a DOS-Bootable floppy,USB
- Preparing a Bootable CD
- Modes of Operation
- Erasing or Wiping Logical Drives (Partitions)
- Erase Operation Complete
- Running Active@ KillDisk for Windows
- Common Questions
- How does the licensing work?
- How is the data erased?
- What is the difference between the Site and Enterprise license?
- Which operating systems are supported by Active@ KillDisk?
- Is Active@ KillDisk compatible with Macintosh computers?
- What to do if I cannot boot from a floppy (USB)?
- Will I be able to use my Hard Disk Drive after Active@ KillDisk erase operation?
- Descriptions of Erase/Wipe Parameters
- Erase/Wipe Methods
- Other Parameters
- Glossary of Terms